The Summer 2016 season of the Halo Championship Series Pro League is an ongoing series of competition taking place in the European region from May 8 - July 24, 2016. Halo 5: Guardians is played in 4v4 competition in a mixture of online qualifiers, tournaments and online league matches. It is held concurrently with the NA Pro League.
Speculated about for months, the HCS Pro League was officially announced on March 21st, 2016, shortly following the conclusion of Halo World Championship 2016. The Pro League features a series of online qualifiers, with six teams eventually qualifying for regular season admittance. During season play, the 6 qualifying teams will each face eachother twice in a series of weekly online matches. The four teams finishing with the highest record will be invited to the Season Finals. Following the conclusion of the season, the 5th and 6th ranked teams will also face elimination from the Pro League, having to play top teams from the HCS Open Circuit to keep their spot going into the Fall 2016 season.
LAN events in bold.
- Summer Qualifier - May 8, 2016 (Top 2 qualify, 3-6 qualify for LCQ)
- Open Qualifier #1 - May 18, 2016 (Top 4 qualify for LCQ)
- Open Qualifier #2 - May 19, 2016 (Top 4 qualify for LCQ)
- Open Qualifier #3 - May 20, 2016 (Top 2 qualify for LCQ)
- Last Chance Qualifier - May 21, 2016 (Top 4 qualify)
- Regular Season - June 2 - July 1 2016 (Prize Pool: $33,000)
- Relegation - July 23, 2016
- HCS Pro League EU Summer 2016 Season Finals - July 23-24 2016 (Prize Pool: $67,000)